Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 11:30:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Rob Snow <rsnow@lgc.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   memory/disk error with 801-SNAP

I started sup'ping current last night.  When I looked this morning I found
this.  (I'm not sure this is even related since it happened in the middle
of the sup)

First:
Aug 24 02:51:00 rex /kernel: /usr: /optimization changed from SPACE to
TIME
<this was repeated twice>

df shows:
/dev/sd0s1f    217525   157695    42428    79%    /usr

this morning I see my make world (at'ed at 7am) died and top -n shows:
kvm_open: proc size mismatch (20196 total, 620 chunks)
top: Out of memory.

w gives me:
11:24AM  up 12:16, 5 users, load averages: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00
USER     TTY FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
w: proc size mismatch (20196 total, 620 chunks): Undefined error: 0

I'm going to see if I can reproduce it today.

Now a question about sup:

I kiced off a sup -v ports-supfile which the docs say is the "super sup"
or some such.  It's supposed to get all the ports except distfiles.  It
started getting all the ports into /usr/ports/ports, in other words it
starged reproducing them.  Then it started transfering the distfiles,  I
killed it...  I then restarted it using each port collection and it
appears to have worked fine.  Did I misunderstand or is something broke?

-Rob