Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 2003 05:18:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Way forward with BIND 8

>Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 00:09:04 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org>
>To: freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
>Subject: Way forward with BIND 8

>Because there are over 14k lines of diff between the source for 8.3.5 and
>8.4.0, I'm hesitant to import the latter right away. Instead, as the
>nominal BIND maintainer, I'm proposing the following plan:

[Plan itself elided; it's in the archives....]

As someone who tends to be fairly conservative about deploying new
software -- especially software that is as critical as name resolution
-- the plan Works For Me (tm).

Peace,
david
Based on what I have seen to date, the use of Microsoft products is not
consistent with reliability.  I recommend FreeBSD for reliable systems.