Date:      Fri, 04 Jan 2008 23:08:15 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Updated hal

--=-1Lqo/Y0sKCKTn3mioIw4

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 09:36 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> I've been working on updating our hal port to 0.5.10, and I'm close to
> being done.  While I have PolicyKit 0.7 ported, I have not been able to
> test it yet, and I wanted to get started on hal.  So what I'm about to
> present has no PK support.
>=20
> Here is a rough hal-0.5.10 port.  It is known to start, and work enough
> for lshal.  It should provide at least as much functionality (except for
> PK) as the 0.5.8 version with added Blu-Ray and HD-DVD support, and a
> patch from Andriy Gapon to quiet audio CD probing.  You will have to
> merge diffs from share/hal/dist/hal.conf to etc/dbus/system.d/hal.conf.
>=20
> This port also requires an updated libvolume_id.  A diff for that is
> also available.  Right now, I'm most interested in problems that differ
> from the 0.5.8 port.
>=20
> http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/libvolume_id.diff
> http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/hal.diff

I just reposted hal.diff with an update to 0.5.10.20080104.  This update
fixes the port distinfo, and some other bugs.

Note: a great way to test things is to compare the lshal output from
0.5.8 with that of 0.5.10:

0.5.8:

lshal > lshal.old
lshal | sort > lshal.olds

0.5.10:

lshal > lshal.new
lshal | sort > lshal.news

diff -u lshal.olds lshal.news

That diff will give you a rough idea of differences but without context.
A diff of the unsorted files will give context, but the order of
properties is not guaranteed, so it will require some thought to make
sure nothing important is missing.

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke