Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 09:13:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Douglas Ambrisko <ambrisko@tcsi.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        pst@shockwave.com, ambrisko@tcsi.com, phk@critter.tfs.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: socks support native in freebsd?

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:

| I rather doubt it would fit anyway - sysinstall is already pushing
| the boundries of a kernel + crunched binary on a 1.2MB floppy anyway.
|
| > I think Doug wants a socksified sysinstall ... yuck/ouch (in that order). :-)

Yep it would be nice to install through a socks firewall, but I'm not sure the
effort would be worth it.  I usually ftp stuff local, install through nfs
and then setup Socks.  So I have very little motivation for this, whereas I
had strong motivation to get Socks5 going so I won't have to build
socks'ified stuff and then tell my friends what a nice fire wall FreeBSD
makes and lets you share one IP.

However if a socks'ified sysinstall did happen I wouldn't complain, but
hardly use it.

Doug A.