Date:      21 Nov 2002 15:02:29 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Brandon Bossenbroek <bossenbr@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nautilus2 crashing

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 14:27, Brandon Bossenbroek wrote:
> Ok. Thanks for the response. I'm running FreeBSD 4.7. Nautilus2 is version
> 2.0.8. I installed from packages but then I did a pkgdb -F and got the port
> to compile, so I used that. Both times I've had the same result. After that,
> I tried the old nautilus version, just to see if it would work, and it did.
> It doesn't merge completely with gnome2, however, so I would like to get
> nautilus2 working.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not seeing ~/.xsession-errors or ~/.gnomerc-errors. Maybe
> that's part of the problem. I have the following . files for Gnome:

That's okay.  If you're not using gdm to start GNOME, error messages
will be logged on your ttyv0 console.

> Sorry, I'm not sure how to do a gdm backtrace on nautilus when it crashes.

It's _gdb_ not gdm.  gdb is the GNU debugger.  If nautilus is dumping
core when the crash happens, you can run gdb on the core file using:

gdb /usr/X11R6/bin/nautilus nautilus.core

Then, at the (gdb) prompt, type bt, and hit return.  Send me the output.

However, I just did a portupgrade -ra to get the latest set of GNOME 2
bits on one of my test machines, and I cannot reproduce the crash.  You
might try the same.  I noticed you have a few GNOME components out of
date (e.g. gtk20).

Joe