Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:40:57 -0500
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "sanjay" <sdabhi@midhudson.org>
Subject:   Re:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:31:16 -0800, sanjay wrote:

>Dear Sir
>
>I installed freebsd on COMPAQ	ML 370, its works great but when I reboot my
>server and want change some setting in bios by pressing F10 I can't go in
>bios anymore. now I call the Compaq so they told me to download one exe file
>from there compaq website. now here is my problem. they don't have any file
>which support bsd operating system. Can you please tell me which software
>driver should I download which can support bsd. here is list of operating
>system which they have the file for

sounds like you wiped out the bios partition on the harddrive.
a lot of COMPAQs I've ran into have the BIOS configuration program in a
seperate DOS partition.  if that partition isnt there, it won't work.
I'm not sure if the servers are that way or not

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 6E7B 9993 B503 6D45  E33A 2019 26E5 C1DB