Date:      Sat, 3 Jan 1998 17:11:25 -0200 (EDT)
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@gns.com.br>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Creating a Device Driver

Ok, more questions. I'm still figuring out how this device driver
thing works :-) through the prove and tested UTSL method. Examining
the joy device driver (no pun intended), I noticed the ex-select,
now-poll, function there is "seltrue". I'd like to know if "seltrue"
will be replaced in the near future with "polltrue".

Second question, the include files on /usr/include/machine and
/usr/src/sys/i386/include... On my computer both directories have
the same number of files, and all files I have examined exist in
both. Now, since my system has been upgraded through cvsup for quite
a long time, that doesn't mean much... Where should I create my
IOCTLs include file? /usr/src/sys/i386/include? Does this file get
installed on /usr/include/machine during make world?

Thanks for any help. BTW, anyone have suggestions on drivers to
examine in my Search For Knowledge?

--
Daniel C. Sobral		  (8-DCS)
dcs@gns.com.br

The longer the title, the less important the job.