Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:00:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gimme FreeBSD anyday!

Today j mckitrick wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 08:32:20PM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> | > 3. Why doesn't M$ use such a tool to improve code quality?  They of all
> | > people have the funds.
> |
> | The tools won't run on Windows platforms; they require big iron.
> | The smallest systems you'll find them on are UNIX engineering
> | workstations with a lot of RAM and a lot of disk.
>
> I mean why not use these tools during the development process, on
> non-windows machines, of course?

Why would they bother?  M$ is a marketing company not a
technology company.  As long as the masses continue to pay for
their crap in a box they have no incentive to fix or improve it.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null