Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 18:39:13 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        mark@quickweb.com (Mark Mayo)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world error in RELENG_2_2

Mark Mayo stands accused of saying:

> However, when I cvsup'ed the lastest RELENG_2_2 and did a make world, it
> still puked!!! Arggh. If you search the mail archives for "tclMtherr" you'll
> see that several other people have had the same problems.

You've still done something wrong.  I am in the process of a
'make release' right now, and apart from our CVS server maching throwing
a gear in the middle of the checkout it's going fine.

The machine running the release, incidentally, has been doing checkout,
make world cycles since last Friday evening.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH 2.2.

> The problem seems to be some sort of confusion as to whether or not FreeBSD
> needs the math error support. I noticed that there was no Makefile, so
> I ran 'configure' in /usr/src/contrib/tcl/unix and it said:
> 	matherr support ... no

The tcl build problem posted last week was someone with hosed includes
(I suspect they deleted /sys for some reason).  Running the 'configure'
script in the Tcl directory won't do anything; nothing is built
under contrib.

I don't know why, or what has broken peoples' systems, but it's nothing
wrong with the tree.