Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:43:38 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mozilla metaport ??? [was:] view postscript files from mozilla?

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 07:03:01AM +0100, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> I just wondered, if it would make sense to create some kind of
> mozilla metaport (could be called FBSD-mozilla or gnome-mozilla),
> that sets up all known plugins, wrappers, fonts - perhaps also
> languages and some themes - automagically.
>
> Thus the naive user - like me - could install a fully qualified
> and state-of-the-art browser without having to experiment with
> different kinds of mozilla with and without linux, jdk's and so
> on.

	I'd sure buy into this!  After spending hours fumbling
	around with linux-jdk ... .  (*mumble*)

	It's probably the porters wsho understand what fits
	with what and could best put together this kind of
	metaport.  echo to stdout things like: "THIS will not
	work with THAT because of x, y, z".

	Or refuse (unless -f [forced) to portupgrade quasi-stable
	versions of linujx-mozilla-devel to non-stable alpha versions.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix