Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:36:04 -0600
From:      eculp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spamd port

Quoting Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>:

> I am trying to get the port mail/spamd to work on FreeBSD 6.2.  =20
> There is not a lot of information on actually using spamd.  So far I =20
> have figured out that I have to kldload pf and then a pfctl -e =20
> before attempting to start spamd.  However, spamd-setup actually =20
> does nothing.  pfctl -s rules shows an error message:
>
> No ALTQ support in kernel
> ALTQ related functions disabled
>
> I have no idea what ALTQ is (or if its even required) since I can =20
> find no references to it in the kernel config files or kld modules.  =20
> There is a page on setting up spamd at =20
> http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/en/spamd.setup.html but it doesn't =20
> address this issue or have any extra steps that need to be done.  =20
> Any ideas what is going on here?

I would start by getting pf running as expected and do some rule =20
changing and testing to understand it a bit better and THEN I would =20
look at spamd which I found a bit confusing although well worth the =20
effort.

My salvation in spamd was a an excellent,common sense write-up by =20
Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org> that you can find at: =20
http://jdc.parodius.com/freebsd/openbsd-spamd.txt

You can use Peter=B4s excellent work from the beginning to get pf going =20
or by using the samples in /usr/share/examples/pf

enjoy,

ed