Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:17:16 +0100
From:      "Svein Halvor Halvorsen" <svein.h@lvor.halvorsen.cc>
To:        "Chris Maness" <chris@chrismaness.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dvd-slideshow

:
:
> /usr/local/bin/dvd-slideshow: line 2388: seq: command not found
> wc: illegal option -- -

Looks like this script is expecting to find the GNU util, and that
they be installed in the usual GNU locations. On FreeBSD GNU wc is
installed as gwc (from ports).

> /usr/local/bin/dvd-slideshow: line 986: [: : integer expression expected
> /usr/local/bin/dvd-slideshow: line 989: [: : integer expression expected
> /usr/local/bin/dvd-slideshow: line 992: [: : integer expression expected
> /usr/local/bin/dvd-slideshow: line 995: [: : integer expression expected

These I don't know. But it might be that the interpreter is set to
/bin/sh, which on Linux is aqtually /bin/bash. I don't know, however.

:
:
:
> Error while opening file

These are probably because of some of the other errors. I think you
are far beter off trying to get the port to run on your FreeBSD
system, that to try to fix all these things yourself.