Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 14:12:56 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Doug White' <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   RE: Odd network performance via fxp0

Yes the machines (more than one) are win machines.  But no they do not have
crappy disk performance.  NOT that crappy, both have new drives that perform
very well.  I'd be pretty pissed if my new 7200 rpm drive was only moving
about 400k/sec.

And whilst I realize that the world does not revolve around benchmarks, my
drive does perform above par for the benchmarks that I have run on it.

I'd actually be more apt to believe that the network driver performance in
windows is the culprit, but since it's happening from at least 3 different
machines with 3 different network cards, on 2 different hubs, I'm looking to
the BSD machine 1st, it's the only common point.

Thanks for the idea though.

-Chris

P.S. at some point in time this did actually perform better, I haven't
tracked down what changed yet.