Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2016 09:12:15 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robin Guzniczak <robin.guzniczak@gmail.com>, pkg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GSoc 2016 Introduction

Hello Robin;

Thank you for introducing yourself[1] and for considering the
"KDE front-end to the freebsd-update utility" project.

I have been trying to think of a mentor but it is not easy to find.
I have also been thinking that while freebsd-update remains an
important and easy way to update FreeBSD, the technology will
probably change when we move towards a packaged world in
FreeBSD 11. It would probably be more interesting to have an
enhanced graphical pkg[2] manager.

Perhaps some pkg maintainer would be willing to mentor?

[1]
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?56E9A108.7030304
[2]
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/pkgng-intro.html