Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:00:42 +0100
From:      Andreas Brodmann <andreas.brodmann@gmaare.migros.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfs root mount -> nfsv2

I am setting up a base image for a couple of
network services servers being nfs root mounted
ontop of a netapp filer.

When I traced a problem with ethereal i found
(or the sniffer claimed) that the nfs version
that's used is v2 not v3.

Due to some nfsv2 limitations I would like
to get the systems use nfsv3 which the
netapp files fully supports.

Can anyone possibly the developer of the
nfs root part of the kernel or of the pxe loader
(which loads the kernel via nfsv2) help me
on this?

Thank's in advance

Andreas

---