Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 19:06:42 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Known MMAP() race conditions ... ?

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Jamie Bowden wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Narvi wrote:
>
> :
> :On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Jamie Bowden wrote:
>
> :> Irix can do all that, and use different familys and speeds in the same
> :> box.  Want to mix 200mhz R10k's and 250mhz R12k's in your Origin2k?  Go
> :
> :But I bet you must have same processors on one node 8-)
>
> Define node?  I believe (I'll have to check with the guy from SGI) that
> you can't mix processors on the same logic board, but you can have logic
> boards with differing processors in the same chassis.

Node - a board which can carry two processors with cache, memory and has a
router for connecting to the O2K hypercube interconnection fabric.

Or what you above call logic board. Note that there can be other kinds of
logic boards in there (the (spider?) router boards) if you have more then
one chasis. It helps to disambiguate.

In general, the thing thatthe interconnect network connects are called
nodes/PEs (processing elements). A node PE can have a number of
processors. Local memory is a per PE memory.

The SGI O2K arch is a real cool one. You can incrementally add to it to
expand.

> Jamie Bowden
>
> --
>
> If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
> 	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)

	Sander

	There is no love, no good, no happiness and no future -
	all these are just illusions.