Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 1995 21:14:52 -0800
From:      rsoles@SIRIUS.COM (Roger L Soles)
To:        bmk@dtr.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Source for cabling supplies (RJ45).

Try your local Greybar distributor -- or call Belden Cable and get
the name of a local supplier.

You really can't build them as inexpensively as you can get them
pre-made these days... category 5 2M cables go for $1.99 (minimum
order $20.00)... I sure don't waste my time crimping anything
standard these days...

At 07:03 AM 1/12/95 -0800, bmk@dtr.com wrote:
>Last week I asked about a source for RJ45-DB25 (mail) 10-conductor
>cables.  I received a couple of replies that pointed me to a source for
>completed cables.
>
>I'd like to build them myself instead.  I've been to a few shops locally
>looking for 10 conductor RJ45 cabling and connectors, and the clerks
>look at me like I'm nuts.  Yes, I know that 10 conductor isn't standard,
>but I also know that it exists.
>
>I gotta get this multiport board into production mode soon, so I'd
>appreciate it if SOMEONE could tell me where I can buy the supplies I
>need...

// Roger L Soles
// PO Box 280785
// San Francisco, CA  94124-0785