Date:      Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:25:24 -0400
From:      "N.J. Thomas" <njt@ayvali.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firewall on FreeBSD

* Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu> [2005-06-24 12:58:51 -0500]:
> I've been using pf for a few years now, and I've never had problems
> understanding the syntax or how it works (but I also never do NAT, so
> that might be the reason it seems easy to me.)

Yes, pf is great, but doing NAT with pf is also just as easy to
understand. It depends on what you are doing, but for most people using
NAT is as easy turning on ip forwarding via sysctl and adding a single
line to your pf.conf configuration file ("nat on $ext_if...").

Thomas

--
N.J. Thomas
njt@ayvali.org