Date:      Sat, 09 Mar 2013 22:33:32 -0700
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [RFC] Moving bhyve to head

Hi Alfred,

> Peter, bhyve has been a huge boon and very successful for many of us.

  Great to hear !

> A few people have asked me if the code will be available in -stable soon.

  The initial plan was to not do this - it seemed a lot of work in
addition to the massive TODO list. Also, we weren't sure how stable the
interfaces would be.

  But, I'm not going to stop anyone who is willing to do the backport :)

> Is that possible? Can I help in any fashion?

  Absolutely possible. All early development was done on 8.1. I think
most of the relevant host bits (FPU/AVX save/restore) have now been
MFC'd thought there might be some more required.

  rpaulo@ is already doing some work on this - you may wish to
coordinate with him.

later,

Peter.