Date:      Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:50:30 -0700
From:      Ben Goren <ben@trumpetpower.com>
To:        Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        Doug Richardson <doug_richardson@adaptec.com>
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AAC raid support

--Apple-Mail-2--113755899

On 2005 Mar 20, at 6:41 AM, Charles Swiger wrote:

> While I haven't seen Adaptec's NDA agreements, I'd bet a stack of
> nickels they exist and limit the information Adaptec is able to make
> public.

This is a moot point.

If Adaptec has been foolish enough to bind their own hands in this
manner then they have demonstrated a serious lack of judgment.

Consider: if Adaptec is bound to the sort of NDAs that you suggest,
they'd be unable to sell to the military or NASA or other big
institutions with R&D departments that would want exactly what Theo is
asking for himself.

If true, it's just another nail in Adaptec's coffin.

Cheers,

b&

--Apple-Mail-2--113755899
	name=PGP.sig