Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 2015 06:45:30 -0400
From:      Carmel <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Ports" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Unable to build webkit-gtk2 after updating ICU

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2015-January/097534.htm=
>=20
> The webkit-gtk2 build fails if the ports 'ar' is found before the =
system 'ar'.
>=20
> Check $PATH and put /usr/bin before /usr/local/bin.

Okay, that was the problem. However, I fail to see why. Why is there a =
difference between the "system" and "ports" 'ar' that causes this =
problem to exist? Obviously, since one does exist, it would seem only =
logical that the "port maintainer" would have hard coded which "ar" =
he/she wanted invoked. At some point it would seem advantageous to =
correct this problem permanently. Snce you were aware of this conflict, =
I can only assume that someone else knows about it too.

I changed the system path because I use "openssl" from ports. I want to =
make sure that, that is the version used. Is there some way I can insure =
that the "ports" version of "openssl" is used without changing the =
"path" environment?

Thanks!

--=20
Carmel