Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:27:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   sdm problems on new install

	I have a machine that I am installing 4.0 STABLE on. This machine used
	to run 3.4 STABLE just fine.

	I have set up the files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm, so that several
	machine preformance programs run on the login screen.

	However these don't seem to be working on the new machien. Also when I
	start xdm, and atenmpt to login, it fails, even as root. An atempt is
	made to satrt the window manager, but it fails, and of coures xdm pops
	back up.

	I am getting errors in the xdm error file about not having permission
	to acces display 0:0. I don;t remeber having this poblme befor.

	If I do startx, the X comes up.

	What am I doing wrong?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955