Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 09:41:16 -0400
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        Tom Gwilt <tgwilt@suite224.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad, moused, and FBSD4.3

  Everything works so far - network, XFree with icewm, etc. Everything
> except the cut and paste feature of the mouse.
>
> moused is running in text mode, and the XF86Config file uses
> /dev/sysmouse.
>
> Highlighting text is no problem, but it just won't copy/paste like a
> regular mouse does on any other FreeBSD box I use.

Try using /dev/psaux, at least if you're useing XFree4==it doesn't get
along with the mouse daemon on thinkpads.

Also, did you set "emulate three buttons" when configuring X?

Also, an increasing number of applications seem to need shift-middle to
paste--lynx, trn, . . . those that use the mouse in text mode for
themselves typically need the shift to pass the click along.

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mail