Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 1998 12:42:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Butt <jbutt@mwci.net>
To:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        Berend de Boer <berend@pobox.com>, "'freebsd-database@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Database for FreeBSD 2.2.X: DB2 or Interbase possible?

> > >   Solid from www.solidtech.com  A version for two users will be really
> > > cheap.  Low maintenance.  Supports online backup (mysql for example,
> > > blocks all updates during a backup), and is fully relational (mysql is
> > not
> > > relational because it does not support transactions).  The ODBC client
> > for
> > > Windows 95 is really nice.  Mysql ODBC for Windows can be iffy.
> >
> > I'll take a look at it, although I doubt I will use it. Most RDBMS take
> > quite some time to know them well. As I don't know this product I don't
> > know which queries work, how well the optimizer is, etc.
>
>   You'd be surprised about Solid.  Very quick to get going.  SQL is very
> conforming.

Yes.. Solid == Good!!

We are very happy with solid.

  James D. Butt 'J.D.'
  Network Engineer                                   Voice 319-557-8463
  Network Operations Center                          Fax   319-557-9771
  MidWest Communications, Inc.                       Pager 319-557-6347
  241 Main St.                                          noc@mwci.net
  Dubuque, IA  52001                                   jbutt@mwci.net