Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 1996 11:19:22 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        Bogusz Jelinski <jelinski@rose.man.poznan.pl>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with setting up an internal modem

Bogusz Jelinski wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Gary Chrysler wrote:
>
> > Add AT&D2 to disconnect on loss of DTR.
> > AT&C1&D2 should be all you need, The rest are usual defaults
> > in the Zoom.
> > Of course write them with AT&W as Doug mentioned.
> >
> > Dosn't the modem have to answer the phone??
> > ie: ATS0=x, Where x is >0 & <256 the ring to answer on.
> > Zero means don't answer. Defaults are usually Zero ...
> > Thus ATS0=x should be added before writing.
> >
> To say the least - my modem works. Nobody else has drawn my attention
> to the ATS0=x command. As a matter of fact - I was really puzzled,
> as my modem was not answering after having added AT&C1&D2, which
> was suggested by other eager helpers.
> Thanks a lot! If another rookie asks you for help describing
> the same problem tell him a few words about kermit and NVRAM
> Greetings,

You're welcome.

A little tip, When replying with resolved questions please
also include the list (-questions in this case) in the CC:
This way the answer makes it to the archives for those
that follow needing the answer.
You'll see I added it in for that purpose.

Thanks and Enjoy FreeBSD.

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848