Date:      Sun, 03 Nov 1996 21:47:05 -0800
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OK, what's the deal with 2940W controllers and internal connectors?

>Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:
>> Then I was talking to Poul-Henning last night who pooh-pooh'd my
>> foolish conservatism and stated that I could have used both internal
>> connectors on my 2940UW no problem.  Since I could use that 1542 as my
>> spare again (which is why I have it), I'd sort of like to know which
>> one of us is correct? :-)

>Stub length limit on the SCSI bus is spec'ed at 7" IIRC.  Pick one arm
>of the Y, say "hello stub", and make it as short as possible.

Actually, the manual that comes with the Adaptec 3940 says that the
maximum length is supposed to be something like a meter, and you
should have at least twelve inches between devices for optimal
performance (I can look up the exact wording if it's of interest).

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net