Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:01:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Agent Drek <drek@MonsterByMistake.Com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   access floppy rw to lock system

FYI:

I have a repeatable problem on my FreeBSD-3.4Stable workstation. If the
floppy disk is physically tabbed as read-only and I mount it rw I can
then 'lock' the system up by using vim (to read a text-file on the disk ...
less had the same problem). Is this expected behaviour? I did this from the
console and could still <Alt> between the virtual consoles. The only way to
get going again was to reboot. After that happened twice I tabbed the disk
writable and things were fine.

FreeBSD smash 3.4-STABLE FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #20: Mon Jan 10 12:14:18 EST 2000     root@smash:/usr/src/sys/compile/SMASH  i386

I only think that this is a problem because this could have been my server
at work. Sorry if this is just a result of my own ignorance.

thanks,

    =derek

Monster By Mistake Inc > 'digital plumber'
http://www.interlog.com/~drek