Date:      Thu, 01 May 2003 22:50:25 -0400
From:      Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
To:        FreeBSD Documentation Team <FreeBSD-doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Additions to "UNIX Basics" section of the Handbook

--=-dgm2gdspVWIVdD4Rxyr/

Greetings all. I recently opened a machine to the public for educational
purposes, and of course I am referring users to the Handbook when I'm
unavailable to personally show them the ropes. So just out of curiosity,
to see what my users will be reading, I checked out the "UNIX Basics"
section (I had migrated to FreeBSD from an above-newbie level of
experience with Linux, so I never did read that section), and I noticed
that there's a lack of documentation on the basics of users, groups, and
the general "what you should do if this is your first login" sort of
thing. I'm ready, willing, and able to write such documentation, if it
would be accepted. One small question, though: Should I alter an
already-existing file, or create a new one?

--=-dgm2gdspVWIVdD4Rxyr/

--=-dgm2gdspVWIVdD4Rxyr/--