Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 2003 05:55:11 -0700
From:      jcw@highperformance.net
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Inadvertent Spam Blocking Was: ACAP Server fro FreeBSD

--On Tuesday, October 21, 2003 12:46 AM -0700 Terry Lambert
<tlambert2@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Gee, hope you read -chat; your mailer just rejected my direct email
> because it came from one of Earthlink's mail servers.

I do read chat.  Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry Terry.  I haven't really figured out a good working method to
stop spam that doesn't involve a 24 hour arms race on my part.  I have a
script that culls /24 nets from confirmed spam (a la SpamAssasin, RBLs and
human review) and adds them to my deny list automagically.  I knew the
possibility existed that someone might get caught whom I didn't want to get
caught.  You are the first after using this script for a few months.  Back
to the drawing board.

I determined your server's IP out of the other message and fixed my stuff.
I stuck your server in my whitelist.  At least this will keep you from
getting nasty-grammed.  It's not a good solution for the logn term.

I thought Earthlink cleaned up their act.  They even have TV commercials to
that effect.

Later,
Jason C. Wells