Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:02:38 -0700 (MST)
From:      Jamie Gritton <gritton@iserver.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   recent vinum changes

   I saw commit messages for the vinum driver, which apparantly apply only
to current.  As we've been having terrible vinum problems since we started
using it (reviving a mirror almost guarantees a panic and a destroyed
filesystem), and this is apparently fixed, I'd like to know if there are
plans to make these same changes to a stable version.
   Otherwise, I'd have to go to FreeBSD 4 ahead of it being made the
"stable" version, as I doubt all the potential instabilities in the latest
OS can stand up to the unstable vinum we have now.

- Jamie