Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:24:58 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        "Jason J. Horton" <jason@intercom.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: duplicating a bad HDD

Use ghost.exe from norton, it will make an exact copy of your current
drive, we use it all the time for upgrading/coping drives. Works great for
drives the same size or large, but won't allow you to resize a UNIX
partitions, only FAT. Not sure on the dd... :)

At 04:07 PM 8/30/99 -0400, Jason J. Horton wrote:
>I have a machine that has a bad IDE HDD. Fortunately, the IDE feature SMART
>realized this.
>It is currently my boot drive. What I would like to to is back it up and
>restore it onto
>a new drive. How can I make an exact copy, including boot blocks and
>everything? I am assuming
>using dd, but can anyone give me an example?

Jonathan E. Lyons
parrothd@midwest.net			Nucleus Consulting
ICQ # 14226912				www.nucleusconsulting.com
Cell # 773-251-1967			A+, MCSE, CCNA, FreeBSD!
Pager # 7732511967@mobile.att.net