Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 2021 11:13:08 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any good alternative to Raspberry for Arm64?

On Sun, 2021-03-28 at 06:54 +0200, Klaus Kchemann via freebsd-arm
wrote:
> > Am 27.03.2021 um 18:26 schrieb Andrew Mitchell via freebsd-arm <
> > freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>:
> >=20
> > Any good alternative to Raspberry for Arm64?=20
>=20
> the simple answer is : no=20
> -
>=20

That's just plain wrong.  Virtually any alternative arm64 system that
runs freebsd at all is a superior choice over the Rpi family.  Anything
else will have better support from the freebsd developers including,
especially, the professional developers who are paid by companies to
support freebsd on arm/arm64.  Nobody is paying anybody to support
freebsd on rpi, and consequently all you get in the way of support is
half-baked theories and anecdotal reports from other people struggling
to use an rpi with freebsd.

If you're looking to save every penny possible and are willing to put
up with endless frustration and things not working, get an rpi.  If you
want a usable arm64 computer that runs freebsd, get anything else.

-- Ian