Date:      Fri, 2 Dec 2016 10:03:10 +0000
From:      Oliver Schonrock <oliver@schonrocks.com>
To:        sunpoet@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: xapian-bindings-1.2.24

--CaH0c8d9HsG6lV3urVtk0e6VFK1b6Hsth
From: Oliver Schonrock <oliver@schonrocks.com>
To: sunpoet@FreeBSD.org
Cc: ports@FreeBSD.org

--0GRglAvUrpVNDHNPI28imF3g3rHMRpkPC

Hi There

I have been waiting for SWIG to gain php7 support so that
xapian-bindings can too. Looks like SWIG is now there, and the xapian
guys have included a php7 compiliation option on xapian master branch:

https://lists.xapian.org/pipermail/xapian-discuss/2016-November/009444.ht=
ml

I tried to do some test compiling & testing, but immediately fell foul
of the fact that the new stuff is based off master and the FreeBSD ports
are still on 1.2.24, rather than the more recent 1.4.1 branch.

Would it be possible to update the port to 1.4.1, I will then try with
master and give some feedback to xapian with the hope they can then tag
a new release (presumable in 1.4 series) which will include php7 support.=

Many Thanks

--=20
Oliver Sch=C3=B6nrock
Mobile   : +44 7880 617 446