Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:48:06 +1000
From:      "Leigh V" <leighv@roq.com>
To:        <absinthe@pobox.com>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Port forwarding recommendations?

You can use my IpFilter,IpNat / DHCP automagic setup script on FreeBSD.
www.roq.com/bsd/
Had a few people email me back saying it saved them allot of time.
Technically the only information you need to give it is the name of the
internal and external nics, you can just hit enter for the rest for a
typical 192.168.1.0/24 private network setup.
The script doesn't have any port forward rules, but here is a typical one
you would add to your /etc/ipnat.rules file to forward identd connections
for IRC.
rdr rl1 0.0.0.0/0 port 113 -> 192.168.1.5 port 113 tcp
rl1 would be your external nic

I was thinking of putting IP accounting setup for it as well.
The interesting thing about Ipfilter I have noticed but no one else has ever
said is that while all the Linux fans are running around saying how great
netfilter is with its full stateful firewalling support is now stable for
production use, ipfilter has been around for almost 10 years now for BSD :)

tail /usr/src/contrib/ipfilter/HISTORY
1.0     22/04/93        - Released