Date:      Tue, 28 May 1996 18:47:13 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        gibbs@freefall.FreeBSD.org, scrappy@ki.net, fenner@parc.xerox.com, fredriks@mcs.com, freebsd-bugs@freefall.FreeBSD.org, scrappy@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/631

> >Combine them into a single PR with a good title.  Whomever reviews the
> >if_ix driver should add BPF support.
>
> No, please report only one problem per report, so that it is possible
> to describe the problem in the subject line...

And possible to close the report if you fix one of the problems but not
the other. We should be conservative about closing PR's. If it's not fixed
to the satisfaction of the submitter then it's not really fixed unless it's
decided the submitter was simply wrong in the first place. if_ix not
being able to get into promiscuous mode is a real bug if the card is
able to support it (which apparently it is).

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155