Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:27:30 +0100
From:      mess-mate <messmate@free.fr>
To:        "freebsd-questions-en" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ISDN setup

hello all,
I'm a really ignorant about communications.
And I want to setup a little home network.
But the first thing to do now is communicating with the=20
outside.(internet)
So, I have a Elsa microlink ISDN PCI card, detected by FBSD without=20
any pb.
I configured my kernel (+ i4b) and isic0 -> Elsa... Like's good.
Now the pb is to launch my modem (cuaa1) with isdnd !
I readed the doc about isdn (docbook) and the i4bod from M...
and I setted i/etc/sdnd.rc, /etc/rc.conf and compiled my kernel as he=20
described without any success.
(Certainly my faute, misunderstand)
So can anyone help me (in detail) how to setup my isdn-connection and=20
how to connect to the outside ? (can't find any ip-up or ip-down)
Second, how can I have a vt220 as full screen monitor (disabling=20
getty anywhere for ttyvxX??)
Please no conncetion with ppp but the really isdn procedure.
My ISP want a PAP, but this is not supported by isdn nor CHAP, isn't ?
Thans in advance.

--=20
mess-mate