Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 1996 19:01:40 -0400
From:      "Jeffrey M. and Sonya C. Metcalf" <metcalf@imagine.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Increase swap space?

Hello,

I recently upgraded my RAM from 16MB to 32MB.  I typically run
the following applications on FreeBSD:

Netscape, TeX, emacs, and gcc

There will probably never be any more than two users on my system
at any given time.  When I installed FreeBSD, I only dedicated
32MB to swap space.  I have read some discussion that swap space
for FreeBSD should be 32MB or 2.5 times physical memory, whichever
is larger.

Do you feel that I should increase swap space to get the optimal
benefit from my new RAM upgrade?  If so, is there a way to do this
without reinstalling FreeBSD?  I noticed some discussion in the
FreeBSD FAQ concerning adding swap space.  Should I just follow
the procedure, or are there other concerns here?

Thank You,

JM
--
Jeffrey M. and Sonya C. Metcalf