Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2019 19:16:20 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Telling svnlite to ignore specific dirs/ports

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 12:32:56 -0500, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> I am using a pre-release emulator/virtualbox-ose-* (the one in PR 234878)
> how do I prevent a svnlite update on /usr/port from clobbering some or all
> of the files in the effected port dirs?

Ye olde CVS had a convenient way to specify categories or
ports to obtain or to ignore. With SVN, it's also possible,
but a little bit more complicated:

1. Create a file where you list the ports to be ignored,
   let's say /root/ports_ignore.txt:

	emulator/virtualbox-ose-*

   I'm not sure if you can use "*" in there (it _should_
   be possible though), but in worst case, list all the
   subdirectories to ignore. I'm also not sure if a trailing
   slash ("dirname/") is needed, but I doubt it.

2. Then apply the ignore properties to the currently present
   ports tree:

	# cd /usr/ports
	# svn propset svn:ignore -R -F /root/ports_ignore.txt .

   This should result in the listed directories to be marked
   as "ignore" and therefore _not_ receive any deltas.

3. You can now run your update command.

I have not tested this. ;-)

Sidenote:

You can of course leave out the text file and list the directory
names in the "svn propset" command manually (no -F needed then).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany