Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:08:34 +0900
From:      Rob <nospam@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: diskless operation: swapfile setup

Rob wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had trouble to get the swapfile setup, as explained in the handbook
> (chapter "diskless operation").
>
> I failed and then decided to do it in a more manual fashion:

Maybe I should illustrate also what actually failed with the swapfile setup
from the handbook.

When my /etc/bootptab is as follows:

#----- Start ---
.default:\
         :hn:ht=1:vm=rfc1048:\
         :sm=255.255.255.0:\
         :sa=147.46.44.181:\
         :gw=147.46.44.1:\
         :hd="/tftpboot":\
         :bf="/kernel":\
         :rp="147.46.44.181:/tftpboot":\
         :T128="147.46.44.181:/home":\
         :T129=64000:

diskless:ha=0050fce9306f:tc=.default:

I get in /var/log/messages, the following lines:
   bootpd[19916]: in entry named ".default", symbol "T129": bad syntax

When I remove the T129 line, I get similar complaint about T128.
So somehow this does not seem to be the right way, is it?

Thanks for help.

Rob.