Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:13:06 +0100
From:      Emanuel Strobl <emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   quick timestamp question (ctime/mtime)

--nextPart7088050.vtmYzkemRD

Hello,

is it possible that mtime of a file can be changed without also changing=20
ctime? Vice versa is easy, chmod or similar will do that. But if I change=20
mtime with touch, also ctime gets changed.
I ask because I'm about writing a little backup script and want to be sure =
to=20
capture every file on any imaginable modification when comparing only ctime!

Thanks,

=2DHarry