Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:53:13 +1000
From:      Jye Tucker <jye@eis.net.au>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation Guide...

>Ok I am currently writing a big tutorial on FreeBSD...
>(I just started two days ago)
>
>I am just at the part of the installation is there any thing that in
>particular
>you guys would like to see in it?

A nice desciption of setting up User PPP. I've got the dialup script
working (after $10 worth of phone calls) but getting it to add the default
route (add 0 0 HISADDR) automatically. I've tried putting the line in the
ppp.conf file as the last entry in the connection, also tried in the
ppp.linkup file. It just doesn't want to add the route and occassionally
(the circumstances of which I'm still trying to work out), it appears to
remove the route from the box to the remote modem.

Any ideas anyone?

I recently bought the TCP/IP Network Administrators Guide (published by
O'Reilly) even though it is very Linux/Solaris orientated. I'd recommend
this book, and all other O'Reilly books I've read (in particular the
Learning Perl, Programming Perl and Unix Power Tools) to everyone. But how
about a BSD port of the book? ;-)

Jye

p.s. hello everyone :)