Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2001 17:04:05 -0500
From:      "Nick Lozinsky" <nl3481@wi.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Eric B." <eburke@intelos.com>
Subject:   Re: WindowsXP Pro and FreeBSD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric B." <eburke@intelos.com>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 4:40 PM
Subject: WindowsXP Pro and FreeBSD

> Hi, I am running WindowsXP Pro(NT.5.1). And I would also like to have
> FreeBSD on the same computer. Is this possible With NT.5.1? Or Will I run
> into problems?
>
> Thank you for your time
>
> Eric

Eric,

Multibooting WinNT 5 or 2000 and FreeBSD will work. To my knowledge, FreeBSD
can be booted with almost any other OS. Although I and many other people
have problems with the FreeBSD booteasy bootloader, after installing FreeBSD
onto a disk with win2000, the menu to boot loader will look sonething
similar to this:

F1: ???
F2: FreeBSD

I do not know how to get rid of the ???, and have not been provided with an
answer. You can use the win2000 boot loader to boot FreeBSD too.

Overall, FreeBSD will work together with Win2000.

Nick