Date:      Sat, 02 Feb 2002 19:59:37 -0500
From:      Roch Tourigny <roch.tourigny@sympatico.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mice not detected

I bought a used kvm switch so i can toy with networking.
I use my old pc for all kind of test, one of these test is to finally
give a try to freebsd.
I installed it to an old hard drivre of sufficient capacity(1.5 gb).

The problem i have now is that the ps2 mouse will not be detected at all
if it is plugged into the kvm switch. I must absolutely plug it into the
pcb to get it to work.

I did not have any problem with the same hadware under mandrake linux or
windows98.

I enquired about a flash upgrade for the kvm switch but i did not
received an answer yet an i doubt i will receive any.

Does anyone have an idea for a fix or a work around this problem?

For those interested here are some of my pc specs
os : freebsd 4.5 install-iso
cpu : pIII 450
mobo : unknown manufacturer , intel 440 bx chipset, award bios
video : matrox g100 4mb agp
nic : d-link de528
        ibm etherjet 10/100