Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 12:36:05 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how do *YOU* do backups?

  From: "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
  On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, Paul Traina wrote:

  > I scrogged my root partition the other day, and while it was pretty easy fo
  > me to recover it,  I had the opportunity to reflect on the fact that I have
>>n't
  > been doing proper backups...so I went out and picked up a 2g tape drive.

  	which 2gb tape drive....i am also in the market.

conner scsi-2, "4000" series (4gb compressed, 2gb native), $515 at frys,
it uses qic-3080 tapes, not DAT tapes, so the tapes are ~$30 each instead
of $15/each, but that was ok, since I usually only rotate through 4 tapes
at a time.

  	dump....dump....dump.....read elizabeth zwicky's paper on torture
  testing backup programs.   dump's defaults are dump^Hb but the damn thing
  just keeps working.   the paper is at ftp.sage.usenix.org/pub/usenix
  dont remember which directory ;((

will do, she's an old friend of mine, so I can ask her if I can't find it.

  Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
  play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
  i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG

where are you moving to?