Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:15:01 -0800
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: release 3.5?

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> Will there be more 3.x releases, or is it frozen like 2.x and we move
> on to 4.x?
>
> -=> jm <=-

	3.x will continue until 4.x becomes the -STABLE branch.  So there
will be at least one more release of 3.x, which will be 3.5 ( in May
according to http://www.freebsdmall.com/software/bsd40malloffer.phtml
).

	What's happening now is trying to start the move of -STABLE from 3.x
to 4.x.  However it's not something that's designed to be over night.
The url I listed above gives a short blurb about this.

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu