Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:12:54 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        wellsian <wellsian@caffeine.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: email sendmail - read this one - ignore the first!

wellsian wrote:

> I'm curious, does sending your mail through your ISPs server really cause
> problems, or is it just a pain to figure out what's going on when this
> bites you?

It shouldn't cause problems. I choose not to use it so I can tell what's
going on. If mail gets delayed, the warning messages from my ISP's
smarthost just say "your message was delayed", with no explanation of
why. If the mail is stuck in my own server's queue, I can find out why.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D