Date:      Sun, 21 Oct 2001 14:11:29 -0700
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash@bigfoot.com>
To:        Ørjan W Tønder <linux@mirach.no>
Cc:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: network

> is there an way to reboot the ed0 whit out having to boot the hole os?
> im sick of booting evry time i want to change ip on my box :/

First, this is not the right forum for asking technical questions.  The would be the FreeBSD-
questions list.  However, before posting there, be sure to read the relevant sections of the
FreeBSD Handbook (http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/), the relevant man pages (use "man -k
<keyword>" to find the relevant page if unsure), and search the FreeBSD mailing list archives.

Second, there are *very* few reasons to reboot a Unix operating system.  This is *not* Windows
where moving the mouse requires a reboot.  If you are rebooting more oftern you change
hardware, then you are doing something wrong.  Time to do some reading.  :)

Third, read the ifconfig man page:  man ifconfig  Pay particular attention to the up/down
commands.  You can change, add/delete IPs on your NICs at will, no need to restart anything.  :)

HTH,
Freddie
fcash@bigfoot.com

Linux is for people who hate Windows.