Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:26:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        ruth moulton <ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: scanners and printers

On 20-Mar-98 ruth moulton wrote:
> printers
> --------
>
> I'm using a b&w postscript printer at the moment, but would
> like to take advantage of some of the cheap colour printers around,
> but my favorite swre (e.g. emacs) seems to only generate
> Postscript,
>
> anyone have any ideas - conversion from postscript etc...

Ruth,

I am not familiar with scanners, but color printers work fine.

You can use ghostscript to convert from postscript to the local printer
language.  Also see apsfilter to make it easier to use.  The handbook has info
on printing, but apsfilter and ghostscript will take care of most of it.

I personnally use a Epson Color Stylus 600, and have used an HP Deskjet 870Cxi.

Patrick