Date:      Fri, 06 Nov 1998 20:33:58 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slurpees (was: Re: cvs commit: src/release/sysinstall/help XF86.hlp hardware.hlp)

At 02:33 PM 11/7/98 +1300, Dan Langille wrote:
>On 6 Nov 98, at 20:17, Drew Baxter wrote:
>
>> At 02:17 PM 11/7/98 +1300, Dan Langille wrote:
>
>> >I remember having to explain the difference between a slush puppy and a
>> >hush puppy once.  (hush puppy = brand of shoe, slush puppy = drink).
>> >
>> Sounds about right..  by the way, I actually got natd to work.. Come to
>> find out it was fine all along, but my esteemed collegue at the console
>> didn't mention that it locked at Sendmail on bootup until AFTER I was
>> pulling my hair out.. Go figure.
>
>And I just had trouble with ntpdate.  I didn't notice I'd enable both that
>and the daemon within /etc/rc.conf.  I removed that and my boot time
>decreased significantly.
>
>Right now, I'm playing with IP Filter and trying to figure out what these
>packets are which are being blocked and why.  I can't see to figure out
>how to see the details of the blocked ones.
>
>later.
>
>--
>Dan Langille
>The FreeBSD Diary
>http://www.FreeBSDDiary.com/freebsd

I got a Sonicwall Plus DMZ that does NAT and all that.. interesting device
for 1500 bucks.. I dont use it for Nat, but it does DHCP and firewalling
and some other various things.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998