Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 1995 10:04:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@goof.com>
To:        hasty@netcom.com (Amancio Hasty Jr)
Cc:        ache@astral.msk.su, hasty@netcom.com, ports@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Two things: Sound, playmidi

Amancio Hasty Jr wrote:

> >Playmidi uses more advanced driver abilities.
>
> Well, the last I heard playmidi was imcomplete because the author
> was waiting for Hannu to finish the driver. Now if someone has
> done further work on playmidi thats a different story.

	Not that I've heard of - and apparently he's now "unreachable" for 4 to
8 years.

> I managed to port a couple of weeks ago playmidi and instantly went
> looking for adagio. I am not sure which one is right however
> I have compared adagio against the midi player provided by
> Gravis and found it to be almost the same in fact adagio sounded
> better which some suggested was because of the reverb.

	Hmm.  That's my experience too - guess we're both demanding as for what
sound comes out of our sound cards.  :-)  I'd like to figure out the warbled
sound thing - it sounds like a timing problem, tho...

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead  -> Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research -
                 -> Multiple Platform System and Network Administration